Little Ideas for Big Teaching
Leaf Prints by Michele Higgins
Use this simple and easy art project to decorate the classroom, create an invitation for an Open House or use as a decorative background to display student writing.
What You Need:
• Leaves (Bring your students on a leaf hunt before the activity)
• White or cream construction paper
• Paint (add a little water to thin the paint out or use watercolor paint)
What To Do:
1. Paint the vein side of the leaf with a variety of fall colors.
2. Place the painted side of the leaf face down on the construction paper.
3. Then place another piece of paper over the leaf and press down. A rolling pin can also be used to press down on the leaf.
4. Repeat steps one and two as many times as need to create a leaf print design!
Month by Month—Little Ideas for BIG Teaching.
Simple, quick, useful teaching ideas—seasonal resources for each month that are easy to find and fun to teach!
Month by Month provides exactly what you need to teach—when you want to teach it!