Little Ideas for Big Teaching
A Fall Mosaic by Andrea Maurer
Have fall come to life with this fun-to-do and easy to prep craft. (This is a great project for parent volunteers – they can help with sorting colors in separate plastic baggies.)
What You Need:
• 9” x 12” piece of black construction paper
• ½ ” x ½ ” pieces of orange, yellow, red, brown, green, light green, blue, and light blue construction paper.
• Mod Podge
• 10” x13” piece of any color construction paper
What To Do:
1. Begin by deciding which fall objects your students want to focus on in this craft. In this example, I used trees and pumpkins. Start with the trunk and glue brown pieces of paper. Then glue orange, yellow, and red to represent the leaves.
2. Create a pumpkin using the same process.
3. Add grass and the sky. Let dry.
4. Apply Mod Podge to give the mosaic craft a nice shine.
5. Frame the craft by gluing it to the 10” x 13” piece of construction paper.
Month by Month—Little Ideas for BIG Teaching.
Simple, quick, useful teaching ideas—seasonal resources for each month that are easy to find and fun to teach!
Month by Month provides exactly what you need to teach—when you want to teach it!